Tenders dot EU
TENDERS dot EU is a Netherlands based consultancy firm on public procurement with 25 years experience in advising companies on submitting bids on EU calls for tenders and selecting EU tenders published in the database TED.
Our services consist of:
- Consultancy: we advise companies on submitting bids for tenders in the Netherlands and EU.
- Tenders Alert service: for automated selection of tenders according to predefined search queries and deliveries directly to the client by email.
Consultancy on submitting bids in the EU
We offer support on each phase of the bidding process:
is the phase before the publication of the call for tender
In this phase we can advise you how to start preparing (parts of) your files and organise your internal bidding process like setting up a bidteam and assigning tasks and responsibilities to key staff members involved with submitting the bid.
is the phase after the publication of the tendernotice and starts with a GO or NO GO decision
- GO or NO GO Decision (do we or do we not submit a bid?)
Inmediately after the bid is open a quick scan should make clear whether there are no formal reasons for being excluded and check wether the efforts for making a bid are reasonable which should lead to a GO or NO GO decision to submit a bid or not;
- GO DECISION LEADS TO KICK OFF: the delay for submitting bids is in most cases limited to 35 days after the day of publication and can sometimes be less…
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU
We start with preparing a request for additional information and drafting questions on the tenderdocuments both on the ‘Selection criteria’ and the ‘Contract award criteria’ (the ‘most economically advantageous bid’ which includes the price-criteria) as published in the Request for Proposal (RfP); these questions and clarifications on the (selection and contract award) criteria always arise after having a closer look at the RfP in order to make the most economically advantageous bid.
- Be aware that you have just a limited time span to make a bid ánd to ask questions and clarifications on the tenderdocuments and the request for proposal (RfP). This request for additional information is crucial in order to understand exactly the contracting authorities demands and wishes ánd to make a winning bid!
Draft or review your answers on the contract award criteria in order to be selected as the tenderer with the ‘winning’ bid
Based on the RfP ánd the answers on the requests for additional information, you need to convince the contracting authority that your offer is exactly what the are asking for in their contract award criteria. The contracting authority distinguishes in his RfP the contract award criteria in demands and wishes:
- demands: some characteristics of the products or services are mandatory: when you can not meet these demands, it is in principle no use of submitting a bid unless when you are capable of changing the contracting authorities mind on their demands.
- wishes; wishes are probably the most crucial part of your bid; your answer on the contracting authority’s wishes is decisive because it proves that your product is far most the best. Although the wishes might be ranked from most important to less important and they are all assigned a certain number of points according tot heir importance, they are all important ! Answering all their wishes might award you 100% of the points assigned to their wishes and declare your bid as the most economically advantageous bid, so the winning bid; the contract will be awarded to you!
Your answers need to be precise, recognisable by using the same terminology as the contracting authority does, to fit in their format and all this in order to avoid that the contracting authority needs to search for your answer which might lead to irritation and hence to less number of points awarded to your answers.
Remember that the civil servants assessing your bid are human too and that your bid is just one amongst all the other bids…. So, you need to help them in convincing that your bid is the best one…
Support you in determinating your price(s); Most of the time the contracting authority has a set of price criteria and hence asks for a price on several individual items to which they have assigned points too depending on the importance of the pricecriterium. We can support you in assessing the consequences of variations in your pricingstrategy.
WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO FOR YOU
- Surveillance of the tendering proces: deadlines, process control, setting up of a time schedule (is everybody in your organisation doing what needs to be done and on time)
- Draft or review the qualification file (in order to be accepted as a ‘reliable’supplier)
- Check coherence and format of bid as requested by contracting authority
- Act as an intermediary to the contracting authorities
- Mediate or prepare questions in problems such as using improper procedures, deadlines, national technical specifications and so on
We master English, German, French and Dutch and we will be able to assist in submitting tenders in these languages.
Interested? Get in touch and let’s discuss what we can do for you?
You can use the buttons on the right to contact us by e-mail or WhatsApp